Thursday, January 7, 2010

Artfag Juncture:Saatchi & Saatchi, Sweet, Reclusive Genius.

Last night was kinda wack, aside from getting drunk at the bowling alley, it was tough just not to fucking punch some shidiots in their goddamn jeans! Hardly slept, if I even slept at all. I was getting dangerously close to kicking fuckers to the curb for doing naughty naughty....I was expecting to wake up to a room full of fucking rabbits. I woke up in a horrid mood until I took a much needed deucer in my personal library (aka pooper, Naked Gypsy's Throne)and picked up an article of Forbes magazine to read. I stumbled upon a rad article about Charles Saatchi, which I couldn't believe was actually printed despite Mr. Saatchi's reclusiveness and the dude is downright OUTRAGEOUS! He was a big time partner in Saatchi & Saatchi, which in its day was the largest Ad Agency, that he built strong along with his brother Maurice. Baghdad-Born and of Iraqi-Jewish descent, Charles thrived in the Ad world, banging out catchy lines for Smoking and Health campaigns but the company started to dwindle in the late 80's into the early 90's. After Saatchi & Saatchi fell through, Maurice started M&C Saatchi, a smaller agency which "Charles was only involved with in name only." Charles then turned to art being noted as to say, "I buy art that I like...I buy it to show it it off in exhibitions. Then, if I feel like it, I sell it and buy more art." He buys anything and everything he likes; some of his collection includes Damien Hirst's Shark in a tank of fermaldehyde and Marc Quinn's sculpted head filled with 9 pint's of Marc's blood, how fucking rad is that shit!? It's just plain OUTRAGEOUS! I hope one day to achieve as much accalim as Charles, but I highly doubt I will.
Dude is a true Art Collector and enthusiast and is truly a lyrical genius. I leave you with my favourite quote or line from an ad: "You can't wash your lungs clean." It's from an Antismoking Ad campaign for I believe, Silk Cut Cigarettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment